Vision and Mission of the Christine and Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Library and Learning Center
Advancing learning, scholarship and research.
The mission of the Hazy Library and Learning Center is to promote academic success and enrich the learning experience for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University students, faculty and staff on the Prescott, Arizona Campus.
To achieve this mission we:
- Demonstrate value and impact on campus life in support of the university’s mission to prepare students for productive careers and leadership roles in service around the world.
- Educate library users in the principles and techniques of research and information management to promote effective use of information, knowledge discovery and critical thinking.
- Deliver onsite collections and access to global information systems and emerging technologies to facilitate worldwide scholarly communication in the aeronautical science, aerospace engineering, global intelligence and associated disciplines.
- Create a stimulating and synergistic environment to engage learners in an intellectual, social, cultural, and global community.
- Provide high level student-centered services and dedicated staff expertise to empower students to be culturally literate, globally aware and technologically sophisticated.
- Information Literacy Competencies: ERAU Prescott Campus students will be able to demonstrate information literacy competencies, in part, through a program of library information literacy instruction, course-related classes, tutorial sessions, one-on-one research assistance, and research guides.
- Library Collections and Online Information Resources: Students, faculty and staff will have access to well organized on-site collections and remote online resources in order to complete course work, conduct research in degree programs, and support student development.
- Staff/Services: Students faculty and staff will partner with professional librarians, experienced paraprofessional staff, and student employees, in order to receive the expertise needed to meet knowledge and service expectations during all hours the library is open.
- Multimedia Technologies: Students, faculty, and staff will have access to emerging multimedia technologies and technical expertise in order to incorporate video graphics and audio into their course assignments and projects.
- Campus Audiovisual Support: Student, faculty, staff, administrative requestors, and sponsors of campus functions and events will have technical support and audio-visual equipment available to meet requested needs, services, and expectations in multiple venues.
- Information Systems: Students, faculty, and staff will have access to an advanced library systems infrastructure and to telecommunications technologies which integrate local, national, and international information networks, including web sites, library catalogs, and subscription databases.
- Facility: Students, faculty, and staff will have an inviting, comfortable, and secure student-centered environment, conducive to learning, exploration, contemplation, and individual and collaborative study.