Users of the Hazy Library facilities must abide by the Library Code of Conduct and the Computer-Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Restrictions: The facilities may not be used for solicitation for the sale of commercially available goods or services. There may be no distribution of literature, pamphlets, brochures or promotions to library users, whether it is in person or leaving materials.
Availability: Rooms are available only during library hours of operation.
Public Use: The library is open to the general public as a community resource. The general public, as guests and visitors, are expected to comply with and abide by university and library policies. During periods of high demand, ERAU students will have priority for use of the facilities and equipment.
Presentation, Collaboration, and Group Study Rooms
Affiliated groups: These rooms are available for use by ERAU affiliated groups for administrative meetings and educational purposes.
Non-affiliated groups may use these rooms on a limited basis and are subject to campus rules and regulations.
- The group is required to contact the Events Department in order to submit a Facilities Use Agreement and show proof of insurance.
- The Events Department must be contacted if the purpose of the meeting is not ERAU business and has external participants, even if an ERAU employee is a member of the group.
- The Library does not endorse the views expressed by any group using the rooms, but does endorse the right of those groups to express their views as long as they abide by library policies and rules.
- Students working on class-related group assignments have priority.
- Use by 2 or more students takes precedence over use by one student. If all group study rooms are occupied, Library staff may ask an individual using a room to leave in order to accommodate a student group.
Reservations: Clientele may reserve a presentation, collaboration, or group study room on the sign-up sheet on the window. The room may be scheduled for the current week and the subsequent week. Reservations for the Presentation Room #204 beyond 2 weeks into the future can be scheduled at the Multimedia Desk.
Forfeits: Each room is held for only 15 minutes after the start of the reserved time. If the scheduled group does not show up within 15 minutes of its scheduled time, it forfeits its reservation and another group will be allowed to use the room.
Vacating: Each room must be vacated at the end of the scheduled time so that the next scheduled group can use it.
Changes: The Library reserves the right to change a reservation which conflicts with Library sponsored programs.
Room #248: Collaboration room #248 may have standing reservations for student groups for a semester.
Responsibility: The person reserving the room is responsible for the room’s cleanliness and group’s behavior.
Scheduling: The Multimedia/Information Commons Manager is responsible for scheduling the rooms, multimedia equipment, and furniture arrangements.
Markers: Dry erase markers and erasers are available in each room and at the Multimedia Desk and Check Out Desk.
Research Instruction Room
The primary purpose of the Research Instruction Room is to provide classroom space for groups visiting the library for information instruction sessions presented by librarians.
- Priority is given to library instruction sessions.
- Individual students may use the room as a computer lab when no classes are scheduled.
- Faculty and staff may reserve the room on an ad hoc basis for instruction requiring library resources or for follow-up to library lectures.
Courses: No courses will be scheduled in the Research Instruction Room on a regular, recurring basis, because library instruction classes are scheduled at the request of the faculty throughout each semester.
Reservations: The reservation calendar and schedule is available on Meeting Room Manager. The Instruction Program Librarian has the authority to approve a requested reservation in Meeting Room Manager. If there are scheduling conflicts, the librarian will approve requests on the basis of priority.
Schedule: A schedule of instruction classes will be posted outside the door weekly and a schedule is also available to view within Meeting Room Manager.
Exhibit Spaces and Bulletin Boards:
It is the intent of the Library to provide an aesthetically pleasing environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors that is conducive to the pursuit of intellectual and cultural enrichment.
Responsibility: The Art and Signage Committee is responsible for the management of exhibit spaces and bulletin boards. (see Art Donation and Exhibit Policy)
- ERAU organizational units or registered student organizations may post bulletins/fliers
on the Organization Notice bulletin board. The must be reviewed and stamped.
- Individuals or the public may post notices on the Open Posting bulletin board without
having them stamped.
- Chalking may only be done in the Common Areas.
- Posting is prohibited on building walls (except large posters may be taped to the brick
with painters tape only), elevators, windows, trees, painted surfaces or covering existing signage.