Overdue Fine and Replacement Charge Policy
- Borrowers are responsible for returning all borrowed library materials, equipment, and software on, or before, each item’s due date.
Note: Hazy Library attempts to routinely notify borrowers of near-due and overdue status of borrowed items. This is a courtesy and not a requirement of the Hazy Library.
- ERAU students, faculty, staff, and community borrowers are responsible for payment of fines and replacement charges, as applicable.
Overdue Fine and Replacement Charges
- When an item is not returned on time, the borrower will be charged an overdue fine.
- When the item reaches the maximum fine because it is not returned, the borrower will be charged a $5 processing fee, the overdue fine and the cost of replacing the item. The replacement charges are calculated per current market price and value, if available.
- Suspended borrowing privileges: Borrowing privileges are suspended when a borrower has 5 overdue items or owes $10.00 in fines. For more information, please see our Borrowing and Loan Policy.
|Material Type||Fine Rate||**Business Days Before Replacement Cost Charged||Maximum Fine|
|** Business days are days which the library is open.|
|Books||$0.25 / day||28 days||$14|
|CDs and DVDs||$0.25 / day||28 days||$14|
|Equipment and Software||$2.50 / day||10 days||$25|
|Student Laptops||$1.00 / hour||1 day (24 hrs)||$24|
|Athletic Laptops||$2.50 / day||10 days||$25|
|Recalled Items||$3.00 / day||3 days -- after recall placed||$9|
|Limited Checkout: Reserve, Reference, Journals||$1.00 / hour||1 day (24 hrs)||$24|
|Interlibrary Loan||$3.00 / day||5 days||$15|
|Yavapai Library Network||All fines and maximum charges are charged in accordance to each participating library’s policy.|
Payments and Credits
- Library materials, equipment and software: Fines are due and payable in cash at the Check-Out Desk. Fines for ERAU students may be cross-charged to student accounts.
- Overdue Fines cannot be credited. Replacement charges may be credited when items are returned in acceptable condition.