Undergraduate Research Institute
The Hazy Library and Learning Center is home to the Undergraduate Research Institute (URI). The Institute serves as a hub for communicating with the entire University community-students, alumni, faculty, staff, and external constituents-about research, opportunities, and events for undergraduates.
To assist in the advancement of a research-supportive environment by promoting a culture of intellectual inquiry, discovery, and collaboration both in and out of the classroom.
Research Services and Resources
Computers for research and design
- Fast PCs (fastest on campus!) - Quad core 3.4 GHx processors w/ 8 GB of RAM
- Ideal for research, writing, citing, preparing oral presentations, proposals, and more!
Research and Reference Desk
- Research assistance: find books, e-books, database articles, Interlibrary Loan, M-F. See Desk for Hours
Research Resource Center—Hazy 119
- High-end PCs with priority given to students involved in research
- 3D MakerBot printer for fabrication and prototyping
Mac Production Lab—Hazy 232
- 9 iMac computers (2.5 GHz Quad Core w/4 GB RAM) for graphic design and video editing.
- Grant solicitations, collaborative research opportunities, calendar items, etc.
Control Tower: Ignite Prescott: Teaching, Learning, and Research
Wall of Fame
- Exhibit of excellent research work by our students and faculty.
In order to advance research initiatives, the following online tools are being utilized:
The center's director, Dr. Anne Boettcher, is available for research consultation please e-mail or stop by room 117 in the library to make an appointment.
For general information and inquires about the URI please contact Ginger MacGowan (928) 777-4874 in Hazy Library room 119.